Why are the letters "E" and "S" so common...

Here's my poem lol

Struggl
by: Albert Lee

I was chilling for a bit
But I’m back now
I sit my butt back down
I look up at my laptop in sorrow
I gotta finish my blog post
Pain rolls through my body
As I try to think of ways to avoid “it”
I try and cry and try
“it’s” just too common!
What do I do?
How could I possibly fill 12 rows without “it”?
Wait actually… I just did it! Yayy!

I couldn’t continue a coherent thought due to the fact that I kept hitting the barrier of implementing
the letter E. Every time I would keep writing what came to mind and I would notice that it had the
letter E in it. Initially, I tried to find an alternative for the problematic words. But that didn’t work
due to the fact that too many have the letter E in it. Then, I would delete the entire line and try to find
another way to continue the thought. Eventually, I got kind of lucky and managed to piece together a
poem without the letter E.

Comments

  1. First off, let me just say how challenging this post must have been to create! I can definitely see where you're coming from in terms of feeling like your thoughts were being chopped up since you couldn't use the letter E. That must have been quite frustrating. Though, I still think that you were successful in using outside-of the-box thinking to write a fun, engaging poem that I'm sure is intimately relatable for others who took on this poetry problem as well. All in all, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your poem was well written and witty. Unfortunately, for some reason the Thoughts section was all in one line and ran off the page, so I couldn't read it. Anyway, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The letter E is a particularly hard letter to avoid due to the fact that it is a very common vowel. If the letter had been Z or another less commonly used consonant, then I don't think it would have been very difficult. However, with the letter E being a commonly used vowel, I can imagine the struggles you went through! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma Hummel
    This poem was fun to read and very relatable. I especailly loved the line "I try and cry and try" because of the similar sounds. It had to have been annoying to have an idea and then have to delete it because of the letter E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially*
      I just noticed my typo and it's driving me crazy I can't fix it.

      Delete
  5. Nice job! Very clever and funny poem, and quite natural sounding commentary, given the constraints. I've definitely concluded that "e" is harder to avoid than "s." I guess that's no surprise, though, since "e" is a vowel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aritificial Poetry

Poets are Artists Too

Just Not Box-able